Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Whats really going on?

They had given me Amoxicillin to take and after taking it for about a week I literally, could no longer walk.  So I started wondering, okay whats really going on?!?  I went in to my primary care doctor and after seeing that I could not walk she started asking me whats going on.  I remember her looking very confused because in the doctor's mind, it was just a flu.

She then started listening to my breathing and wondering why I was having an extremely difficult time breathing.  She said:  "What's wrong, why can't you breathe?"  After watching my breathing and seeing that I could not walk the doctor said to me: "You know what, you don't have Lyme Disease then, its something else."  After testing positive for it, she told me that I didn't have that!  She then had the tech come in the room and give me an EKG exam to see why I was having problems breathing.  After doing it I looked at the tech and said: "Everything is okay right?"  I knew that the tech could not tell me what the results were, but the look in her eyes to me told me that something was not good.  So the doctor comes back in and says lets do that again, because there's no way that it was done correctly.  The tech does the EKG exam again and once again the exam comes back that my heartbeat is TERRIBLY abnormal ( I had never had heart problems).  The doctor comes in a third time and is very disturbed because she can't believe what the results are saying, and doesn't believe that the tech is doing it correctly.  So she stays in the room and watches the tech do it the third time and after seeing the results she looks at me in the eyes and says: Are you okay?  You need to go right now to see a cardiologist!!!

I was on my way to see a neurologist because of the headaches that I was also having, but the doctor told me how disturbed she was by the EKG results and we went straight over to see a cardiologist to see what the problem was.  I remember being driven over to the cardiologist thinking...I can't walk, I can't breathe, I'm in constant pain, and my head hurts...What is going on?!?!?!?

I don't know who this blog may be for today, but I am so glad that when I don't know whats going on, I am so glad that God knows exactly whats going on.  Stop trying to fight through your pain AND trying to figure out whats going on.  There are many of you who are going through some serious challenges and are having a difficult time getting through.  What many of us love to do however, is to try and figure out EVERYTHING.  Can I suggest to you that our job has never been to try and figure out everything that is going on...that's God's job and His delight.  If there is one thing that I am glad about that I have learned in my world that has released me from so much stress and pain, its knowing that God always knows whats really truly going on!

1 comment: