Monday, November 14, 2011

Grace

I will get back to my daily battle with Lyme Disease tomorrow, but I wanted to reflect on something that has really made me take a step back and think.

We have ALL heard about the huge scandal at Penn State.  I have even made mention of it in an earlier blog because of how it has flooded all news networks.  I have read the graphic and rather disturbing 23 page report on what has happened.  What is so crazy though is that the grace of God is so HUGE that it's large enough to cover what Mr. Sandusky has allegedly done.  A biblical understanding of Jesus teaches that the grace of God literally covers EVERYTHING that we do.

It's amazing when I can desperately be in need of the grace of God when I have let him down, or disappointment Him in one way or the other; and yet when someone else does something horrible it seems that the grace of God magically runs out?!  I had to ask God's forgiveness for thinking that just because I may go to church, read my bible, and fellowship with believers that I am entitled to God's grace more than someone who allegedly has extremely inappropriate relations with minor boys.

I am often guilty of thinking this way and maybe you are too of the thought that the better I am the less I am in need of the grace of Jesus Christ.    I want to be clear that in no means am I justifying the alleged crimes of Mr. Sandusky, I personally believe that what he did was TERRIBLE!  However I want to stretch you thinking today and help all of us to understand that nothing we do is so terrible that the grace of God cannot cover it!  As ugly as the aforementioned crimes are...as ugly as you and my sin is...HIS grace STILL covers it!!!  Thats crazy love and I'm so glad that God's grace comes in my life and in my world, aren't you?

1 comment:

  1. whew! you said something that many of us did not want to hear. no one wants to hear that grace can cover such a horrible sin. we want to place that millstone around his neck and cast him into the sea.

    thank God that we are not God and thank you for reminding us of how merciful God really is-He's so great that He loves even those that we find easy to loathe.

    ReplyDelete