Friday, November 11, 2011

Welcome!

I want to welcome everyone to my world!!!  A world of open and honest reflection on my life, what it's been like to live with Lyme Disease and practical/spiritual life lessons that I have learned along the way.  I promise you that I have learned more in the past two years than a person could learn in an entire lifetime!  I need to let you know that there is MUCH MORE to life than: being born, growing up, going to school, getting a job...and living what some call "The American Dream".  I truly believe that the events that have happened to me helped me to know and understand that most of us (especially me) live our lives and let our entire lives pass by without really walking into what God ultimately wants us to do and that leaves us forever chasing after things that quickly bore us!

I have, as I am sure you have been bombarded with the thinking in the media about what has been going on at Penn State.  Where a man used his influence and position to destroy the lives of young boys.  I am not sure how you have been digesting the information, but I have personally been shocked.  I am not shocked however at the actions of the Football coach on the young boys.  It was difficult reading the 32 page report on what happened (I caution you if/when you read, its very graphic) yet that wasn't what really surprised me either.  What really made me cringe was how we live in such a messed up world that we value someone's tenure over someone's integrity.  The long time tenured coach of Penn State football has been a wonderful influence on so many people!  Yet, how can we cry, throw over vehicles, and cause a terrible scene about the college letting him go (which in my opinion they should have), and not say much about lives that have been forever changed because they were abused?!?  That just doesn't make sense to me...but hey, thats our world.

The changes in my world started two years ago, in June 2009.  I had been accustomed to, for the past three years going up to a campground in Pennsylvania to get things ready for an annual "Campmeeting" that takes place for ten days.  I entered this summer excited about my coming ordination that I would receive from the Seventh-day Adventist Church.  It had been a routine summer, nothing really strange or out of the ordinary had happened.  However as I was leaving the campground one Thursday afternoon I began having migraine headaches that continued for the next four days.  I thought the headaches were because of the stress of driving back and forth from Maryland to Pennsylvania each week, while pastoring at the same time; or maybe I was extremely tired and just needed some rest?  I thought I knew but I had no idea...

See you tomorrow in my world...

1 comment:

  1. So glad you have decided to share your story via this medium. You remain in my thoughts and prayers. Your name is Victory!

    ReplyDelete