Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm confused...again!

In October 2009, I left a cardiologist office and went home only to be left with more questions and more pain.  Do I really have Lyme Disease or not?!  No one could really tell me what exactly was going on!

I will never in my life forget the events that happened on October 16.  It was around 5 Saturday evening and I was laying in bed just trying to rest and get some relief.  However as the night continued on I continued to have a terrible headache.  It was a feeling that I had NEVER felt before, this was not a normal headache or even migraine.  A few hours later I began to have a literal burning sensation on the back of my neck that continued up to the back of my head.  What in the world was this?!?  It got stronger and stronger to the point where I felt like the back of my head and neck were on fire!  I told my wife that we have to go to the emergency room and find out what is happening.

When I got there and they realized that I could not walk, they took me in a wheelchair back to a room where they took all of my vitals and after looking at me, began yelling in the ER: "He's got meningitis" I didn't even know what they were talking about, but I was a bit upset about the public broadcast!  The doctor comes back and sees me and we tell him that I tested positive for Lyme Disease, to which he adamantly told me that I didn't have that.  "I bet that you have swine flu.  Everyone is coming to the doctor right now with your same symptoms and its swine flu.  I tell you what though, we will give you the test for swine flu and I am telling you, thats what you have."

After the test I said: "So I have swine flu?"  He says: "Well the test came back negative, but there is a thing called a false positive.  So it came up negative but I promise you, that you have swine flu."  But I tested positive for Lyme Disease.  The DOCTOR said: "Everybody in Maryland probably has Lyme Disease...I probably have it right now.  What I want you to do is to drink some Gatorade and water and take some IB profin.  Your husband is not going to die tonight so you can take him home."  Thankfully because of some medicine they gave me, the headache seemingly went away and they released me from the hospital.

I left the hospital confused once again!  I am realizing that in life, we will go through some very confusing situations.  One of the things that really encourages me though is what Jesus said in: John 16:33 "I have said these things to you that in me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer because I have overcome the world"

1 comment:

  1. We will never have the answer for most things, because that would hinder our trust in the SAVIOR. What we can do in the meantime is continue to live faithfully and prayerfully and God will be made known to all. Thanks for sharing your testimony.

    ReplyDelete