Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

I hope by now, that you have not waited until Thanksgiving to really give God thanks! The reality is however that most of us use Thanksgiving as a singular time to thank God for what He has done in our lives throughout the entire year.  So we live from Thanksgiving to Thanksgiving, waiting for the seasonal time of the year to thank God for his goodness.

What I am trying to do in my life, and I challenge you to do the same, is to focus on WHO God is and Not WHAT He does.  If we were completely honest, the majority of us give God praise for WHAT He does.  For example, when we: Get a new job, Get a new house, Get a promotion, Get a car, etc.  We thank God, and we should, usually when we get things; as if our relationship with God should solely be based on what we get.  So that when we don't get anything, there is nothing to thank Him for.  Regardless of what we already have, we always are looking for God to give us something, and interestingly enough what we usually want from God is only wanted to bless us, not other people.

In my world I have learned that if I only focus on WHAT God does, I could be setting myself up for serious discouragement!  But WHO God is will always give me hope...because the bible says that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  My absolute favorite though is when the bible tells me that God is love!  Which means that when I don't get what I want doesn't mean that God isn't working!  His love for me is greater than my wants in this life!

I challenge you...focus on WHO He is.  That will always give you something to be grateful about!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment