Sunday, November 13, 2011

Maybe a summer flu?

June 2009 was a weird month for me! I was having a constant headache that would not go away.  I can remember not only having this constant headache but also feeling symptoms of a flu.  In my opinion, there is nothing worse than catching a 'bug' in the summertime.  The time when people are usually outside, just enjoying life.  I took some over-the-counter medicine and can remember that it being towards the end of the month when it seemed that I started feeling better.  What I had no clue of at this time however is the fact that I had already contracted Lyme, but that being the farthest thing from my mind, I just thought that it was a summer flu.  My immune system was fighting against what was going on and that's why I started feeling somewhat better.

If you remember from an earlier post, I was at this particular time, at an annual Campmeeting.   While there a terrible storm came on the campus on a Friday evening.  When the storm started I was actually under a tent preparing for a worship service to begin that I was leading out in.  The wind and rain picked up as I looked around the tent began falling.  I ran out and as soon as I got out of the tent and looked back, the entire tent was on the ground!  It was a difficult ten days trying to repair the campus and put it back together.

When I returned home after Campmeeting finished I was totally exhausted, and all I did was sleep!  I remember people asking me how I was doing and all I would say was: "I'm so tired!  I need some rest!"  I credited my fatigue with the fact that I had been extremely busy the last couple of weeks.  People would say to me: "You need to exercise more.  You need to take more vitamins.  What you need to do is eat better."  All of these may have been true, but it wasn't what I needed.

May I suggest to someone today that there are many people who give you things in this life, but those things are not what you really need.  There are many people who say things to you, but its not what you need to hear.  How many people do you have in you life right now that are giving you things but not changing your life?

I would not really get what I needed until 5 months later...See you tomorrow, in my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment