Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sabbath

Good morning everyone!  In my world I do acknowledge the biblical command that God, for some reason, chose to rest on the seventh day of His creation and I still believe that He wants for us to do the same.  To rest from anything and everything that is common and usual to us and spend 24 hours reflecting on his goodness!

Because of this, my blogs on Saturday will be rather brief.  However I would like to challenge anyone who reads, to maybe for the first time, rest from any activity that cannot specifically help you to reflect on God's goodness.  I want to challenge others that do "keep the Sabbath" to possibly consider doing something different as well.  The true meaning of the sabbath, although it does command us to rest, does not necessarily mean to sleep.  I challenge you on this day to rest in what God has done for all of us.  Realizing this I would like to challenge you to intentionally perform an act of kindness to someone today!  Don't let this day go by without you doing something meaningful in the life of someone else.  Speak a word of encouragement, give someone some money, lend a helping hand, etc.

In my world I have realized that heaven will not have room for selfish people...see you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. We will keep that in mind, and continually keeping you and your family in my prayers! Carolyn Williams

    ReplyDelete