Thursday, December 1, 2011

How to Get Through

If you are going through ANY TYPE of struggle or difficulty in life right now, today's blog is JUST for YOU!  I want to give you something valuable that I have learned about in my world, and that is how to stand and manage your way through difficult circumstances of any kind.  Because we live in such an evil world, people go through so many things: sickness, job loss, divorce, separation, financial difficulties, death of a loved one, etc.  So I would like to give you some very practical lessons that I have learned on how to get through your "storm of life"  I have learned so many lessons but I will only list four today,

1. You MUST memorize scripture!  Go through the bible and find some texts that you know can encourage you and memorize them.  Once you have memorized text of scripture, then you will always have something to fall back on when your face an unfavorable situation.  Don't just memorize them, quote them back to yourself.  Speak God's word on Your situation.  Believe, Repeat, and OBEY his word and I promise that it will be a true source of support during your difficulty.  If you are at a time of 'peace' in your life right now, practice memorizing scripture anyway because it draws you closer to God and it will prove to be a great blessing later!

2. Especially when your situation seems impossible, MAKE SURE you ONLY have people around you that know how to spiritually speak into your life!  Its enough to go through rough patches and then at the same time deal with people that are not pouring into you, but taking from you.  You are fighting to keep your head above water, and yet there are people whether intentionally or unintentionally that will literally ROB you of your peace, joy, and even your sanity.  Oftentimes to get through your situations in life you may not be able to talk to people that you know are not able to spiritually sow into your life.  Your not better than them, and they are not bad people at all; its just that you cannot afford to be robbed of what you need to get you through...Most people however literally don't know what to do when things get rough, and their ignorance about what to do or about your situation doesn't help you.  Make sure that you surround yourself with people who are able to be used by God during your difficulty.  If you don't have these type of people in your life now, pray that God will send them to you.

3. If and when you are able, WRITE down your experience during the trial or after you come through it. This allows you to get your thoughts out of your spirit, which is helpful when, at times you can't talk about it.  It allows you to look back at where you were and see where God has brought you from.  It also proves to be a great blessing to other people.  Someone should be able to see your testimony and say: "WOW, if God did that for them, then I know He can do something for me as well"

4. It was helpful for me to finally understand that, God is not like me and HE ALWAYS has OPTIONS.  God's timing is and will never be our timing.  God is not constrained by time, so what may appear to be a year of going through hell, is only a couple of seconds to him.  But I have learned that God's timing is always the best timing.  If God doesn't come through in the way that you expect or even want Him to, then trust and believe that He is able to do it another way, he always has options.  When your thinking runs out, His just begins!  He probably has 1000 or more ways to fix your ONE problem.


These four perspectives have helped me in so many ways in my world and I pray that they will proved to be a blessing to you as well!

3 comments:

  1. This post truly encouraged and confirmed what I believe God is telling me to do in some of the challenges I'm facing. And it's funny that you encourage us to write the experience down. When I look back at all my worries and concerns from the past, I can now laugh at some of the things I stressed out about and how much God took care of things. If he did it before, he can do it again. Same God right now. Same God back then!
    Thank you for this reminder. I read your other posts and was def. blessed by your transparency, faithfulness and testimony. Praise God! I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Glad you were blessed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is straight truth, Noah. Thanks for sharing it! It spoke to me this evening.

    ReplyDelete