Thursday, December 29, 2011

It's okay to be alone...

Though extremely slowly, I started gradually getting better at the end of December 2009, through January 2010.  I will NEVER forget the first day I started walking again!!!  It was in the middle of January and I woke up one morning feeling a bit different.  Feeling was coming back to my legs and so I got up and just started walking.  I know it sounds weird hearing a young man being so excited about walking; but when you haven't walked in months and being bombarded with thoughts that you may never walk again, when you begin walking that is definitely something to get excited about!  My wife and I cried as we experienced the serious healing power of God.

At this point in my journey I learned an extremely valuable lesson in my world:  I learned the power of being alone with God.  During the time when things got really bad for me I couldn't watch television, listen to music, or talk to people; the only that I was able to do was talk to God.  I am not saying this because it sounds spiritual, or even powerful...thats literally all I could do: talk to God!  While it was hurtful that some people weren't around, or painfully lonely experience; it was powerful in that I got stronger with God.  Family is wonderful, but at the end of day YOU are the only one experiencing the full pain, or going through it, or taking the medicine, or going into foreclosure. I have come to realize that many of us have too many people around us that block God from really making a powerful difference in our lives.  Could you say that you could honestly function if certain people weren't in your life?  Can I suggest that there are people in your life right now who are not allowing you to experience the fullness of what God wants for you?  There are certain things that God will only reveal to you when you are ALONE.  Remember it was John's isolation that allowed him to receive and write the Revelation of Jesus Christ!

Let me be clear, God did create us for companionship and for relationship; but when other relationships crowd out God we will always have major problems.  How many of us can relate to relationships that we have had that have gotten stronger than our relationship with God...those relationships never worked out did they?

I want to challenge you today to find some time to get along with God.  He may wake you up early in the morning, while everyone is sleep.  He may give you something when the house is completely empty.  Whatever way you can, even if you have to literally fight for it, find time when you can be alone with God.  God bless you as you realize that its okay to be alone...

1 comment:

  1. Amen!! Such a powerful & in some ways difficult message to accept that in the end- we will be called one by one. And although we should encourage & fellowship with each other- God may have something just for us. In addition to being alone- I think people need to stop talking to others about so much. Talk to the Lord about it. He knows & He cares and He will provide all we need- healing, comfort, wisdom, deliverence etc.

    Thanks Brother Noah!

    ReplyDelete