Friday, January 20, 2012

Lost

I had the privilege this week to go to New York, NY and visit in Manhattan.  It was great catching up with good friends and seeing sights and watching a play and just enjoying each other's company.  Its been a while since I experienced New York traffic (which is like none other) and so I was cautious when driving around in the city.

While leaving the city in the evening I had an unexpected revelation from God that I wanted to share.  As I was pulling out, I had my gps out and ready to show me how to get out of the city.  Traffic wasn't too bad as it was around 10p.  As I was driving out of the city though, for some reason the gps was not giving me proper directions.  Even when I thought it was showing me the correct way to go, I ended up in another area trying to find my way out of there.  I would circle around and then hear on my gps what we all hear from a gps when we have made wrong turns: "recalculating".  I was hearing that a little too much on this night!  I finally pulled off to the side, but because of traffic and some cars not moving I found my way still basically in the middle of the street, but because I didn't know where I was going I said to myself: "I'm not going anywhere until I know where I am going".  Despite the constant honking of horns (for some reason the horns in NY seems so much louder...lol), the hand and verbal gestures and even police cars telling me to move on; I told myself that I wasn't moving until I knew I was going to be headed in the right direction.  What's the use of going around in circles, burning up unnecessary gas, and getting more and more frustrated...when I don't have a clue where I'm going.

I was able to finally get my bearings and gps got on track and I found myself on the correct way home.  God taught me an extremely valuable lesson through this.  Most of us are going around in circles in life, frustrated on our jobs, fed up in our relationships, and are oftentimes very moody people because we are literally LOST and don't have a clue what we are doing or where we are going!  Do you often always find fault with everyone else but yourself?  Do you spend a lot of time critiquing other people's lives and how they are living them?  Do you often get frustrated in your position in life and know that you are smarter than your current bank account?  Be honest with yourself today and understand and realize that you may actually be lost...Lost in your purpose and direction in life and what you were actually created for.

I want to encourage you today, and let you know that its okay if you are lost, because if you feel that you are lost today, recognizing you are lost is a great step in finding out how you can get on the right track!!! What most of us have to understand though is that you can't get on track constantly hanging out with people who are lost and off track as well.  Get in His word, Listen to His Spirit, and allow Him to show you what the next move is.  Pull over, take some time, get refocused...and allow Jesus to get you in Purpose!  God bless you as you get where you need to be in God!

No comments:

Post a Comment