Saturday, January 7, 2012

Get Close!!!

I have at many times wondered to myself: "Do I often keep my distance from God because I am scared of what He wants to tell me about myself?"  Am I afraid that He is going to tell me to stop hanging out with certain people, doing certain things I love that I don't think is a problem for me?  Am I worried that I will have to do something that I really don't want to do?  What is keep me or maybe you for that matter away from drawing close to God?  If you are reading this, you could be honest in saying that you have at certain points and times in your life been in a place where you just felt SUPER close to God!  You were reading your word, fellowshipping with other believers, sharing your faith...You just felt that you were really close to God!

However (somebody say however), there have also been times when you can admit that you have felt far from God!  Maybe you feel far from Him now...You have felt in your life when your decision making was ALL WRONG!  Your finances were a mess, your relationships were pointless, and your life was meaningless.  When you compare the two, even though sin does have as the bible says, pleasure for a season, you would have to admit that its far better being closer to God!

I have found in my life that one of the reasons I tend to stay away from God is when there are things in my life that I am doing or thinking that do not line up with His word.  I already know I should forgive that person, I know I should not be mean-spirited, I know that I should not be cussing ( I know its cursing, but those who do really cuss, know that its CUSS not CURSE..lol); but oftentimes I allow my comfortability of where I am to outshine where I should be in God.  We will often let this ride to the point where its okay to be away from God.  Yet when there is no known sin in your life, and you are abiding in His word...You literally are rushing to wake up because you can't wait to see what God is going to reveal to you next.  He wants to take you from faith to another level of faith and from glory to another level of glory.

So what are you waiting for? You are scared because there is sin in your life?!?!  So what!  Let God worry about your issues...You focus on just getting close to Him.  Besides...if you could fix yourself, wouldn't you have done it already?  God bless you as you get close!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment