Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hearing from God

Today's blog post is going to be extremely short.  Just recently I have gone back to church since being away since October because of my health.  When I woke up this morning, in a very intimate way, God asked me a simple question: "Have we talked today?"

I was about to plan out my day, week, and then look at some other things, and God said to me (and I know you have heard him say the same thing to you): "Unless we have talked, all of your activities, plans, and appointments are not going to mean anything!"

Its interesting how many of us make plans and think about how we want to do things, but if you are in relationship with God, the most important thing that you could ever experience is to experience God speaking to you.  Whether through his word, an impression, a Godly person, or you hear him audibly...Its a wonderful and amazing thing when God speaks to his children, because unless He says something to you....what are you really doing, where are you really going?!?!?

Have you heard from God today?

3 comments:

  1. Excellent point, Bishop Washington! Going through divorce is one of the most difficult things I have ever had to go through. Today, as I began to sink into anger, hatred, and a spirit of revenge, the Lord gently reminded me that I hurt Him daily and that the only way for me to be forgiven is to be willing to forgive others. And yes, it was audible! I feel like one of those old folk from church! But the Lord certainly does and will speak to you...if you are open to His voice and willing to be obedient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you! I pray the Lord's blessing on you for a spirit of healing as well as restoration, and I know He can and promises to do it!!! Bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My bad man, I just realized who you were....lol

    ReplyDelete