Monday, November 5, 2012

The reason why I vote

Hey everyone, I thought the day before the United States elections for President I would just give my personal reasons as to why in my world...I vote.  I have actually never been into politics.  Though I have always liked and enjoyed serving people the political side often gets in the way of helping people who need help the most.  We often spend so much time trying to decide who to put into certain offices and no time is invested into determining how we are going to go about serving people.

It really bothers me though, when we do this in church.  When we spend time, dedication and energy in politics and positioning ourselves in places where we want to go instead of where God wants us to be.  In my world, I have never personally felt like we needed to follow a democratic system in church.  I guess maybe at times, because we don't trust the power of prayer, we would rather put everything to a vote.  Since we don't want to take the time to get on our faces to God and find out what he really desires, we are content to vote it out?  This is not to suggest that God works in the midst of us voting....however could it be possible that we vote something that God doesn't even want...for his people?

I'm sorry, I just had to get that off my chest about church...back to the nation.  My premise for voting within in the democracy of the United States is simple.  There are many people who gave up their lives so that I could.  They said to themselves: I will gladly die, if one day my great, great grandson will be able to vote.  So, out of respect to my ancestors and people who have paved the way for me...I vote.  I still understand that plight that African Americans have historically held in this country, and would honestly be ashamed not to vote.  Why not take an opportunity to do something, that for years my family could never do?

I have talked to many people who, for one reason or another are not voting.  They feel that President Obama has let them down.  They sense that Governor Mitt Romney is not the best candidate.  Since my world is governed by the word of God, let me remind us all that the bible says in Daniel 2:21, that it is God that sets up rulership.  Regardless of who serves or is elected, it is only because God wanted or allowed them, for that time and season to be in that position.  I think too often, we see ourselves as a god, and feel that we are in charge of what happens.  How about we exercise our right to vote and leave the bigger things up to God?  After all....I honestly believe He knows what He is doing!  

That why in my world...I vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment