Monday, July 16, 2012

What are you thinking about?

      In my world, I am realizing more and more that many of us have things going on in our lives right now that we don't like and are just not feeling.  Whether its a relationship, our job situation, our singleness, our financial situation, or a health condition; we all have some things going on in our lives that we wish were not there.  We wish that things had not worked out the way they did and oftentimes are envious of other people's seemingly great situation in life.

      There are so many of us who are fighting just to keep our sanity.  We can smile much and appear that everything is great and nothing is going wrong, but if the truth be told we are suffering much.  If you are like me, you can go through experiences where it seems like talking to someone won't even help much because no one truly understands what you are going through.  In fact you have tried to talk to someone, and because your situation was seemingly dismissed, ignored, or the response was unsympathetic then you withdraw even more.  In my world I felt all of these things and more.  I didn't want to be around anyone, I desired to talk to no one, and began to settle into the thinking that God must not like me.  I was content with this way of thinking until I realized something that changed my perspective: I realized that I was in a process!  In other words things in my life were going to change, I wasn't going to be where I was forever, and at some point in time there would be a shift in my situation.  However while in was in process, I could not see beyond what I was going through.

       The other problem I had (and maybe you are experiencing this now) while I was in process is that I realized it appeared easier to be depressed than it was to think positive, and Godly thoughts. For many of us, and it helps if we are brutally honest, we remain where we are because of what we allow ourselves to think about and dwell on!  The bible says in Philippians 4:8 the things that should dominate our thoughts.  Sometimes our continued cycle remains because of what we continue to think about; insomuch that the process seems so much longer because we don't have any thoughts in our mind that can pull us out.

       I challenge you today to put something positive in your mind.  Open the word of God and allow it to speak to your mind.  The word of God is so powerful that it can literally change your mind!!!  So....What are you thinking about today?

No comments:

Post a Comment