Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Waiting

One of the most difficult things for us to do is wait on God.  Most of us are right now, waiting for God to do something specific in our lives.  I continue to wait for 100 percent healing in my body.  For some, you may be waiting for God to give you a much needed job.  Others may be waiting on him to bless you with a life partner in marriage.  Still others may be waiting on God to work out particular situations in your life that no one knows about but it definitely keeps you up at night!  We are all waiting on God for something...

If you are like me, especially because its something I feel every single day, you get frustrated, disappointed and wonder at times if God is even listening to your prayers.  If you are like me there are, if you are honest with yourself, times when you don't even feel like praying because you have been praying the same thing for so long and you haven't seen any desirable results from your prayers.  Its at this particular time that I have learned in my world that the Enemy loves to come and play the most mind tricks with you.  He will literally talk to you and say things like this:  God is lying to you.  You know its because of something that you did as to why God hasn't answered your request yet right?  You are not good enough for God to answer that prayer!  You should just stop praying and do something better with your time!  Anybody ever felt or heard these things?  They came from the devil!  I hate him and and now realizing more than ever that for many of us, we have listening to the devil for so long that we have forgotten what God has told us already:

They that wait on the Lord
He will renew their strength
They will mount up on wings as eagles
They will run and not be weary
They will walk and not faint

I'm not that young and I'm not that old, but I do know that God has never lied to me.  If he said it, I know that one day, and it could be just around the corner, that God WILL make good on His promise!  Besides, there's something that you learn about yourself while waiting on God.  You learn how far away from him you currently are.  When you wait it reveals how many of his promises you may not know, which allows the enemy to tell you something that God hasn't said.  Can I encourage you that while you, like me, wait on God to perform something in your life:  Find as many promises in His word as you can.  Memorize them, Read them back to yourself and Remember how powerful our God really is!!!  Thats what I've learned to do...In my world, in wash's world!

No comments:

Post a Comment